Saturday, February 19, 2011

The new member...

Welcome to our new member....The Kumquat.
I bought Kumquat 3 months ago....I have to wait a year before this puchase since it is only available during chinese new year.





Kumquat has a nice, sweet and pleasent smell.....very very aromatic.
According to a friend, he likes to take it with little bit of salt or mix it with the salad.

I have a plan to make kumquat marmalade.. with the natural fragrance I'm sure this marmalade will become the familys' favorite. Mom already booked for her pickle collection.....



About 3 feet tall.


2 comments:

  1. So many kumquat for marmalade. I like to try growing this, but I guess I have to wait for the next Chinese year.... or may be, the are some leftovers at nurseries.... Happy Marmalading!! ~bangchik

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Bangchik... n good luck in the kumquat hunting.. :-)

    ReplyDelete